A Thankful Plate Full


I am so Thankful to be a first grade teacher, and to build relationships with the children I teach and their families! Speaking of being thankful, a project my class has done each year is the Thankful "Plate Full". The kids take home a large plastic plate, and they decorate it with items for which they are thankful. I love seeing how different each plate turns out! One of my students last year said he was thankful for Nick Saban (in case you don't live in the South...he's the Coach for Alabama)! So funny! {Me too, little buddy.} Anyway, here are some of the wonderful plates created by my fabulous first graders:




On Monday, the first grade teachers presented Thanksgiving activities by rotating in and out of each classroom. The kids made butter, popped popcorn, created indian headbands, and the activity I had the kids make was Mayflower Story Bracelets like the one below:



I found this adorable poem on Dr. Jean's website. The poem goes with the colors on the bracelet!

As I was retelling the story of the first Thanksgiving, I used the picture magnets above! This also helped the kids remember the order of the colors for the bracelets.


We also created a new class book called The Turkey Hid. The kids had to think of a place a turkey would hide to escape being Thanksgiving dinner! This is a lift-the-flap book. The turkey is hiding underneath each drawing!




We also went shopping at the Thanksgiving Store!


The kids used this list to help them shop for items:


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

You have just read the article entitled A Thankful Plate Full. Please read the article from Fashion About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://roganayres.blogspot.com/2010/11/a-thankful-plate-full.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment