Forever Young


The end of the school year is always a bittersweet time.  The sweet is knowing that the students I have taught have grown so much in my care!  I have been there to watch some of them make the connection that all of those letters and sounds work together to form words, and I have even secretly cried with joy when listening (and silently cheering on) that little one read an entire book, look up at me with eyes sparkling, and give me a huge grin.  I know they are going to succeed next year.

As I give them all a final good-bye hug, and listen to them say how much they loved me and will miss me--I know that next year when they see me, it won't be quite the same--and that part is hard.  Some of them might still give a hug in passing, others will give a quick smile, and a few might just avoid my gaze like the plague!  {Ha!}  No matter how much time passes, though, when I see my past students, it will never cease to amaze me at how much they have grown and changed.  Although growing up is inevitable--we, as teachers, especially early childhood teachers, have the unique privilege of seeing children as they were in our care--forever young.  No matter how tall they get, or grown up they look, we will always remember them as that sweet little six year old.

I was watching Glee the other night {don't judge--I don't like it all that much}, and the Glee Club teacher sang his Seniors a song to say good-bye--and OH my gracious…I just couldn't help it…I CRIED.  I had to share the song with y'all.  It is my little good-bye to this year's sweeties, too.  They will always be forever young in my eyes.

You have just read the article entitled Forever Young. Please read the article from Fashion About http://roganayres.blogspot.com/2012/05/forever-young.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment