My Fashion Job - Studio Fashion Assistant

Hello everyone!

It's been a long time coming, but i'm back and I have some fantastic news! After freelancing at ASOS.com and Selfridges for just under a year, I finally nabbed myself a full time position at... River Island as a Studio Fashion Assistant!

I work with the stylists in the River Island HQ photographic studios, where we photograph all the products that go online. It may not sound like it, but it's hard work and you are on your feet all day but I love it. I'm so thankful for my job at ASOS.com, where I did all of the layouts for their iPhone and iPad app, because it made me realise that I am not a 'desk job' person. This just proves (as i've said in previous posts) that every bit of experience you get whether you enjoy it or not, is valuable to you as a person and your career.

As well as working in the studios I have also been able to go on location shoots for the Kids christmas campaign and Rihanna's final collection. I am currently creating posts for both of these so keep checking back! Finally apologies for the grainy selfies. As I start early and often work late I honestly have no time any more take proper photographs with my SLR. I will in future try and take some proper pictures, but for now you'll have to put up with my grainy iPhone camera.




Working as a studio assistant in the fashion industry, it is important to be comfortable whilst not sacrificing your personal style. Below are some outfits that I have worn to work over the past couple of weeks. I've now got myself a wardrobe which not only allows me to run back and forth like a mad woman, but reflects my personal style too. So here's what i've worn and my top picks for you fellow fashionistas!

1 & 2. My River Island Contract
3. Colourful studio Colouramas'
4. River Island HQ, Rihanna Sign
5. The Studios
6. Menswear Set
7. River island product that was made for me!
8. Womenswear Set





LBD's (Little Black Dresses) aren't only for a night out. I love wearing mine in the day, because they are easy to style and make your own. You'll notice that the three I am wearing are shift dresses. I love wearing shift dresses to work as they allow you to move around without restricting you. Above are three of my favourites and how i've worn them to work, and below are my current top picks.


1. Urban Outfitters // Staring at Stars Paisley Border Dress // £42.00
2. Miss Selfridge // Black Leather Shift Dress // £110
3. My actually Dress: ASOS // Pinafore Dress in Leather Look // £35 (Now in Sale £14)






I am loving the fact that trainers are right on trend now, and each brand is bringing out more and more styles. They are the investment piece of the season. I have pretty much replaced all my other work foot wear with my Nikes and New Balance pairs. Not only are your feet still fine at the end of the day, you're sure to find a style to suit your personality! Below are three of my favourite styles at the moment (the latter too on my wish list!).







1. My actual trainer: ASOS // New Balance '410' Trainers // £50
2. Nike // Zoom Vomero + 8 Sheild Trainers // £105
3. Office // Adidas Adistar Racer // £56.99





A slightly more selfish post that completely reflects my personal style. I love monochrome because I find it so easy to wear. 90% of my wardrobe must be black and white, and it's great because I can mix and match lots of pieces to create lots of different outfits. Below are some of my favourite pieces out in stores now.

1. My actual shirt: Urban Outfitters // Staring at the Stars Shirt // £45
2. Boohoo.com // Orla Twisted Cable Jumper // £18
3. My actual Legging: River Island // Black and White Check Leggings // £22



I hope you have enjoyed my first post on my new beginning at River Island. Now i'm settled I will be trying to post a lot more often, and I will soon be sharing on my blog my experience and advice of going on a Kids wear and the Rihanna Photoshoots!

Holly x

You have just read the article entitled My Fashion Job - Studio Fashion Assistant. Please read the article from Fashion About , , , , , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://roganayres.blogspot.com/2013/10/my-fashion-job-studio-fashion-assistant.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment