Ten Frames and "Shake Up" Games


The photo above is called:  "I have a doodling problem."  

The doodles are the product of attending a math workshop all last week to learn all about our new math series:  Investigations.  {P.S. Does anyone else out there use this program?  I would love to hear what you think!}  We are also adopting the Common Core State Standards, so I have been busy learning all about that too!

Anyway, going to the workshop has me thinking of ALL things math.  Many of the games we play and lessons we teach will involve ten frames... 

 And, I was inspired by these plastic polka dot placemats from Wal-Mart:


To create these:


They are super durable, and I can't WAIT to use them with games and whole/small group lessons!  Out of each placemat, I was able to make 4 ten frames, and a few extra five frames.

I also found these PRECIOUS cut-outs and file folders.  {From Wal-Mart!} Can you believe it!?  
And they are CUTE!  You can't tell from the picture, but they are pretty big cut outs.  I love them.  I just have NO idea what I am going to do with them yet.  ;)


I've been stocking up on egg cartons, too.  I created a packet for TpT of all seasonal Egg Carton Shake Up Math Games!  My kids just love these games, but I wanted to make them look better than the ones I have made in the past!  {That's the perfectionist in me.  Can't help it! Ha!}  So far, I have saved ONE egg carton.  So I made the first of my shake up games:  Back to School Shake Up!


For this game, I have an apple eraser and school bus eraser.  Put both in, close the container, shake it, and open. See which numbers the erasers have landed on, then add the 2 numbers together!  Easy!  

Each shake up label comes with a recording page, and the numbers to place inside the egg cups.  
Click the page below to view it in my TpT shop!











You have just read the article entitled Ten Frames and "Shake Up" Games. Please read the article from Fashion About http://roganayres.blogspot.com/2012/06/ten-frames-and-up-games.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment