Product Review: YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

After much raving about this foundation (my best friend being one of these people, and if you can't trust your best friend, who can you trust right?!) I decided to part with my £28.. Yes you heard me £28 for a 30ml foundation. So are you paying purely for the name, or is it worth the money?





I was previously using the new Maybelline 'Fit Me' liquid foundation in 115. This was okay, but I have quite an uneven skin tone, and found this foundation really didn't last all day.
Then when looking into the model mirrors on the shoot last week and realising I looked like a patchy gremlin after being next to the hot steamers and photo studio lights all day, I final gave in to buying YSL when working in Selfridges. It's vain I know, but let's face it if im going to be on photo shoots I really don't want to be looking like a sweaty mess next to the flawless models!

Anyway so that's the back story to deciding to part with my money. So i've been using it for the past week and... I am loving it. The first day I made the mistake of using as much as I would with normal foundations, and I did look like I had a coating of fuzz on my face - Not attractive.

However once I started using a smaller amount (brilliant result as this means it'll last longer!) It really does give you good coverage for most of the day!


Clean coverage with beautiful luminous glow that blends in with your skin tone.


On the box it states that 'It's ultra-sensorial texture (I didn't know it was possible for foundations to have senses..) blends with skin for a perfect made-to-measure coverage (well thats a lie because they didn't make it specifically for my awful skin tone). Dullness and imperfections disappear, without covering or masking contours of the face' (this is in fact true, as we should expect).
So apart from the slightly over optimistic description (don't get me wrong I understand they need to sell the product) it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Pros: Coverage lasts nearly all day. Foundation keeps the natural glow of the skin and contours of the face. Matches my skin tone almost perfectly, and blends really easily.

Cons: Higher Priced Foundation. I seem to have come out in more spots than usual, but I think it's my skin getting used to the new product as it's sensitive.

As you can see I think there are way more pros than cons, and I'm definitely happy I brought it. I'd recommend this foundation to anyone, and if you are thinking about buying it, definitely go and ask the YSL makeup artists to help you choose the correct colour for your skin, you don't want to spend that money for the wrong tone! You can buy it online here and it's available in 22 shades!!! My Shade is B30 Beige.

If you already use it, or are thinking about buying it - let me know what you think!
I hope you liked my review!

Holly xox
You have just read the article entitled Product Review: YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation. Please read the article from Fashion About , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://roganayres.blogspot.com/2012/12/product-review-ysl-le-teint-touche.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment