Wrigley Field Inspired

For me, inspiration comes from many places and experiences I have, and through people I meet.  I was so lucky to travel to Chicago to meet up with some of the teachers that have inspired me most in my career.  I consider them friends, and feel so blessed to have them to turn to when I need help or a listening ear.  How amazing is it that teachers are now collaborating and sharing ideas like never before?  Blogging has completely transformed the teaching community, and it is comforting to know that there are so many people out there who know exactly what we go through each day to be the best for our students.  It is incredible that we can learn so much from one another by simply sharing on a blog!  I have to admit, I was a little star-struck and nervous about meeting some of these talented and creative ladies!  But y'all, you will never meet a nicer group of people! 

Ohmyword.  It's Cara Carroll!!!!  I just love her.  


And, there's precious Abby Mullins and Amanda Nickerson!  AGH!  To quote Abby, "Stop. The. World."  Seriously. 


Here we are at "The Bean"!  So fun!  


The hubs and I traveled the city together, too!  Here we are at Wrigley Field, playing some baseball--HA! 


Umbrellas make excellent bats.


Haha!  I don't know.  It just cracks me up!  


And here we are looking pretty ridiculous 103 stories up--on the Skydeck of the Willis Tower.  
I play like I am scared, but seriously, y'all--I was shaking.  


And, I was pretty excited to see the "Adventures in Babysitting" building!  If you haven't seen that movie, well...you're missing out!  Just sayin'.


Stop it right now.  They had a cupcake ATM!  Yes!  I just had to get one to bring back to my sweet friend Kim for her birthday!  


What an adventure!  

So, the title of this post is "Wrigley Field Inspired"--I was so excited to create an {-ALL} Baseball Game themed phonics activity packet for my students to use this week.  The game below is what I taught them today--{-all} Baseball!  They were pumped to move their little baseball players around the bases when reading the baseball {-all} words correctly!

Tomorrow, they will play "Baseball Cover Up"!

And make baseball flip-the-letter booklets!

There are baseballs even hanging from the ceiling--these will be used for read and write the room during stations.

They will write the {-all} words found around the room on this recording page:

Are you teaching {-all} this year?  Click the picture below to get your copy!

 I will give one away to the 7th person to comment on this post!  


Thanks for reading to the end!  This was the LONGEST post.  Ever.  :)

















You have just read the article entitled Wrigley Field Inspired. Please read the article from Fashion About http://roganayres.blogspot.com/2012/10/wrigley-field-inspired.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment