Birds, Trees, and...Postcards!

I usually base my classroom theme around a book. In the past I have done "Where the Sidewalk Ends", "Oh, The Places You'll Go!", and "The Dot". This year I really wanted to tie in the birds from my Starry Eyes cards, so I decided to do a bird/outdoor type theme--but I'm kind of sad I don't have a book to go with it! Any suggestions??? I already have my outdoor wicker furniture and outdoor umbrella in the reading area, and I found this adorable tree mural at Target for super cheap:

It looks like I painted it on the wall! I LOVE it!!! It came with a few owls, a squirrel, flowers, and cute little mushrooms. I also found these precious little owl cut outs at the Parent Teacher Store:



I will post pictures as soon as I start putting up all the fun decorations! I love giving my classroom a yearly makeover. On a side note, I can't wait until tomorrow! I find out the names of my new kiddos, and get to send out my postcards!
You have just read the article entitled Birds, Trees, and...Postcards!. Please read the article from Fashion About http://roganayres.blogspot.com/2010/07/birds-trees-andpostcards.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment