Whilst working at asos I had to research stylists, and one I came across was Australian stylist and photographer Kimberly Gordon. She mainly styles for WildFox - a Brand who's lookbooks and advertising I love, but who's products I'm not overly keen on.
Here's an inspirational moodboard I created of her styling and photography work:
I actually was lucky enough to be able to style a Wildfox S/S jumper on one of the Selfridges photoshoots. As stated before i'm not keen on all of the products, so I've taken the Wildfox 4th of July Long Sleeved Jumper that I quite like, and chosen the kind of products I'd wear with it for both casual and work.
Let me know how you'd style this Wildfox jumper!
Wildfox Casual Outfit:
1. Reclaimed Vintage Levi's Shorts With High Waist In Dark Stonewash, £35 - Maybe this is a bit of a typical choice, but you can't go wrong with the all american look - Levi Strauss was american after all!
2. Muubaa Biker with Quilted Detailing in Silver, £379 - A tad on the expensive side but a metallic jacket would look amazing and a great alternative to the average leather jacket.
3. ASOS Neon Rib Boyfriend Knit Beanie, £7 - An absolute bargin, and i'm obsessed with the neon beanies at the moment, they look great with most casual outfits!
4. Mimi Holliday Azure Allure Lace Soft Bra, £32 - My next pay check i'm going all out with the soft bras. I think they're so pretty and comfortable, and can also make an outfit, rather than distracting from it, especially a coloured one.
5. ASOS ALVI Flatform Ankle Boots, £35 - No not the prettiest of footwear, but anyone the knows me, knows if won't go out in flat shoes if I can help it, and flatforms are a great balance of height and comfort. The grey of these brings the whole outfit together.
Wildfox Work Outfit:
1. ASOS Trousers With Cuff Hem, £35 - Track pants are going to be massive in 2013, and this smart trouser with the cuff hem fits into the trend and is perfect for smart style, and work!
2. Stella McCartney Yasmin Calling lace soft-cup bra, £55 - Again with the soft bras!
3. Cambridge Satchel Company Black Patent Leather 15" Exclusive To ASOS Batchel, £139 - Now being lucky enough to own one of these, this is definitely the kind of outfit I would wear it with!
4. ASOS ACCUSE Leather Ankle Boots with Weave Detail, £60 - I literally can't begin to explain how in love I am with these shoe boots, they're perfect for dressing up this wildfox jumper, and I'd also wear with the casual outfit, but with knitted ankle socks - Next investment maybe?!
So I may not have styled the wildfox jumper as Kimberly would have - but her styling is definitely a massive inspiration I will use for future projects. What do you think of how I would wear wildfox? Are there not enough pastels as seen in the brands lookbooks? Would you stay more true to the brand or go in a different direction as I have? Let me know!